Old Church of Kittilä

Saariselkä, Finnish Lapland / Copyright www.lifeinlapland.com

(The church )

The old wooden church of Kittilä is located in the town of Kittilä which is 20 km south of Levi. It is a historically significant structure not only in that it was designed by C.L. Engel and built in 1831, but also because it is the only building in Kittilä that wasn't burned to the ground by retreating German forces during the Lapland War of 1944-1945.

Has this been helpful? Then please share or recommend to others.